Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Sea World San Diego

You may have noticed that we didn't post anything the last two days. That's because the internet didn't work in our motel in San Diego. The logs on the left side are all updated now. Last time I added a license plate log. I REALLY want to find a North Dakota plate, then I'll have the whole western half of the States all the way to Texas. We've seen quite a few from Mexico too, but I don't know enough about them to keep track. I did see several from Sonora and a couple from Chihuahua.

It has been so hot!!! Yesterday we spent the day at Sea World and had a fabulous time! Here are the kids' views on the day.

I liked seeing the manatees for the first time (also called sea cows). They were very huge and had scars mostly at their tails. At the top of their tank was a whole bunch of lettuce and we watched one eat some. I also like the sea lions. They were so cute and cuddly--and good actors!

The roller coaster was fun. I hadn't been on a roller coaster since two years ago at Six Flags on my trip with Dad. This roller coaster had two big drops into the water. The people in front got most wet. That was Noah and me! And I loved the acrobats! They were called amphibians because of their weird costumes that had goggles built in. I saw them do double twist back flips into the water.

I loved the orca show. Orcas are, after all, my favourite sea animal. (Noah's too tired to say or type any more. Maybe tomorrow.)

I also really enjoyed the day at Sea World. We saw all the shows: orcas, dolphins, sea lions, Cirque de la Mer, and the acrobats at night time. We were able to watch the fireworks from our motel on Sunday and Monday nights. I was impressed by how "entertain-y" the shows at Sea World were. They all had stories to them and the trainers had to be good actors. I felt kind of odd watching the Shamu show. I don't know if I'm overly-sensitive from listening to all the Jonathan Park CDs, but the show seemed like a "worship Shamu fest". When I asked Curtis and the kids about it at dinner, they agreed. I think I prefer our amazing Vancouver Aquarium because it's more educational and more about the animals than the shows and rides. I loved seeing the manatees here though, as I'd never seen one before. Actually, I'd only ever heard about them on Veggie Tales when Larry sings and dances with his stuffy. I did get a pretty good burn on my right shoulder. The kids all fared well; we just had to make sure Adoniah kept drinking enough water, which she did. I don't know how hot it was yesterday in San Diego, but I didn't mind getting wet on the rides at all!

I'm going to ask Curtis to put our pictures on the computer now so I can make a slide show for you!

We're only 6km away from the Mexico border! We'll cross tomorrow morning. Nighty, night!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello!
Well, it sounds like you're off to a great start! We are back home for the rest of the week until Saturday morning (Aug. 8th) when we head to the Shuswap for 5 days. Sea World sounds awesome! I hope we get to go there one day soon! I hope you'll enjoy your time in Mexico, Texas and the rest of the states you'll pass through.
Looking forward to reading more about your trip.
Take care,
Love,
Auntie Jacqui