Saturday, August 2, 2008

Hello from California!

We're about half an hour from Sacramento and boy is it warm! We had no idea how hot it was until we stopped for a late lunch at Subway in Red Bluff, California. When I googled the weather there it said it was 97 degrees or 36 Celsius. We sure are happy about our re-charged air conditioning! Nothing noteworthy happened today but Enoch will relate this story from yesterday.

I was in the stall of the washroom at Costco. No one else was there except Noah, in the stall next to me. (There were only two stalls.) I heard a young voice outside say to his mother, "I'm not goin' in there [the ladies' room]! I'm a guy!" His mom said, "Fine. Go in and just come right back out." The boy thought no one was there but him and started talking to himself at the urinal. I guess he was about 7 or 8 years old. He said loudly, "I'm a man! I can do it by myself! I can go to the bathroom by myself. No one has to come with me 'cause I'm a man! I'll show everyone. I can do lots of things. Like I'm good at hunting. I can do it all myself 'cause I'm a man!" Then he left without washing his hands.

1 comment:

motel10 said...

Hi Guys,

Looks like you are all having fun! We miss you already. Jacob had said that he hopes August would go by fast and slow all at the same time because he wants you guys to come home, but he wants you to have a great vacation at the same time!

I love this post of yours, Enoch. I bet you are glad that you were in a bathroom, already seated 'cause it I'm sure you must have almost peed trying to hold in your laughter....too funny!

Anyway, we love you all, dear friends.

Happy trails,
The Hofings