We made it to Mazatlan later than we had hoped. We changed time zones somewhere in there and actually got here at 9:15, driving in the dark for a little less than an hour. We followed the advice of the Mexico on a Budget book from the library and got ourselves a room here at the Belmar Hotel. It's right on the beautiful promenade. We can't wait to see it in daylight, and the famous lighthouse--second tallest in the world, Gibraltar being the tallest. We were greeted in our room by a cock roach! Then another one when I turned on the light in the w/c. They were at least 2 inches long! Lovely. I don't know how well any of us will sleep tonight. Curtis claims it's all a part of the adventure. This will be memorable, that's all I can say! Actually, this hotel looks like it was a beautiful place in its day. In Enoch's words, "I HATE the room, but I LOVE the building. Can I get up 10 minutes early with Noah and go explore?" And they were so excited about staying in our first hotel rather than motel.
Well, I most reluctantly must say Buenos Noches and crawl into bed where I hope Curtis & Adoniah will be the only other ones I have to share it with! Tomorrow we'll hopefully make it to Guadalajara, depending on traffic and speed limits. I'll let you know how we make out. Hope all is well at home!
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment